All Trailer Safety Pages are provided by Adelaide Trailer Hire
How To Use A Ratchet Strap
Adelaide Trailer Hire Safe Towing Guide.
ALL INFORMATION GIVEN IN THIS DOCUMENT IS TO BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY. IT IS THE HIRER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE TO SAFELY TOW AND OPERATE THE TRAILERS OR EQUIPMENT.
Ratchet straps are great for securing loads to trailers.
Ensure the straps are in good condition prior to use.
Webbing should be withdrawn from service if it shows nicks and abrasions in load bearing fibres.
Tightening the strap
- Feed the strap through the ratchet until tight.
- Ratchet back and forward to tighten the excess strap.
- Once tight, close the ratchet for transit.
- Tie off the excess strap to prevent dragging.
Loosening the strap
- Open the ratchet. (Fully opened position).
- Pull the release lever inside the ratchet. (Both sides).
- Pull the ratchet away from the load to loosen tension.
- Remove the strap and bundle for storage.
Ratchet strap safety tips
- Tension the ratchet by hand only.
- Never use extension or “cheater” bars to tension the ratchet, this will damage the unit and could cause harm or serious injury to the user.
- Only use legibly marked webbing.
- Lashing system should never be overloaded.
- Do not tie knots in webbing.
- Keep away from any chemicals or excessive heat (100°C+).
- Always use corner protectors over sharp edges of loads.
Note: Not to be used for any industrial lifting purposes.
Adelaide Trailer Hire’s Safe Towing Guide
Trailer Safe Towing Guides
Our trailer safety guides include: Before you tow, How to check your car’s tow rating, Connecting a trailer, Loading a trailer, Towing a trailer, Long distance towing, Manual handling, Standard trailer brakes, Electric trailer brakes, How to use a jockey wheel, Trailer ramp user guide, How to use a ratchet strap, Sack truck user guide, Legal overhang guide, Car trailer safety, Motorbike trailer safety guide, Tipper trailer safety guide and more.
All Hire Trailers
6×4 Box Trailer Hire, 6×4 Caged Trailer Hire, 7×5 Caged Trailer Hire, 8×5 Box Trailer Hire, 8×5 Caged Trailer Hire, 8×6 Box Trailer Hire, 8×6 Caged Trailer Hire, 10×6 Caged Trailer Hire, 8×5 Enclosed Trailer Hire, Furniture Trailer Hire, Motorbike Trailer Hire, Hydraulic Tipper Trailer Hire, Car Trailer Hire, Flatbed Trailer Hire, Camper Trailer Hire, VMS Trailer Sign Hire and Trailer Equipment & Accessories.
SELECT A HIRE LOCATION TO BEGIN
Other Trailer Services
Adelaide Trailer Centre – North & South of Adelaide, South Australia
Adelaide Trailer Hire – South Australian Local & Interstate Trailer Rental Service.
Adelaide Trailer Shop – Quality Trailer Parts & Accessories.
Adelaide Trailer Repairs – Trailer & Caravan Servicing & Repairs.
SA Custom Trailers – New Custom & Commercial Trailer Sales.